1. What is your name and what are the names of your parents and brothers and sisters? How did your parents choose your name? Does it have a special meaning? Did you have any nicknames?
2. When and where were you born? When and where were your parents and brothers and sisters born?
3. What kinds of things did your family do together when you were young?
4. Who were some of your friends? What did you do with your friends?
5. What schools did you attend? What were your favorite subjects? Who were your favorite teachers?
6. How did you meet Grandfather? How did he propose?
7. When and where were you married?
8. What are your children’s names and when and where were they born?
9. What are some special memories you have about your children?
10. Where have you lived?
11. Have you had jobs? Who did you work for and what did you do?
12. Do you belong to a church or a religion? How has it affected your life?
13. In your religion, what callings or positions have you served in?
14. What did you do to get through the difficult times in your life?
15. Do you have holiday traditions? What do you do for the holidays?
16. What are some of your favorite things? Favorite colors? Favorite flowers? Favorite books? Favorite songs? Favorite foods? Favorite pets?
17. What trips or vacations do you remember? Which one was your favorite?
18. What are some personal experiences that have especially touched your heart?
19. What are your favorite things to do now?
20. What do you hope for your children and grandchildren?